The clinical features associated with West Nile virus (WNV) infections are described based on data collected from history forms submitted with samples during a province-wide WNV testing programme. Age 40–59 years (OR 1.7, p<0.008), residence in the southeast of Alberta (OR 4.2, p<0.001), maculopapular rash (OR 8.6, p<0.001) or tremor (OR 3.6, p<0.001) were independently associated with WNV infection.
- EIA, enzyme immunoassay
- HI, haemagglutination inhibition
- NAAT, nucleic acid amplification testing
- PRNT, plaque reduction neutralisation test
- ProvLab, Provincial Laboratory for Public Health
- WNNS, West Nile neurological syndromes
- WNV, West Nile virus
Statistics from Altmetric.com
Competing interests: None declared.
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.